Active in the visual arts since 1951. Has maintained a rigorous studio practice since 1953 with over 50 solo exhibitions and several major museum retrospectives. Work is included in private, corporate and public collections with significant holdings at the Carleton University Art Gallery, The Ottawa Art Gallery, The London Regional Art Gallery and the McIntosh Gallery at Western University.
Studies: Banff School and Victoria BC under Jan Zach; Hans Hofmann Summer School, Provincetown Mass.; Instituto Allende, Mexico, and extended periods in New York and Paris.
The 60’s: Director Blue Barn Gallery, Ottawa; Lofthouse Gallery, Ottawa; Canadian Pavilion Art Gallery Expo67; Extension lecturer, Carleton University; Project designer, Manitoba Centennial Caravan.
The 70’s and 80’s: Professor, head of studio art and occasional Department Chair, Western University.
90’s to present: Retired, Emeritus Professor, 1992. Continues to paint in his Ottawa studio.
Canadian, b. 1927, Northern BC, Canada, based in Ottawa River, Gatineau